Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week Two

Milestones from week 2 include:
  • snowshoeing in the canyon for the first time
  • walking down the stairs like a normal person instead of side stepping (I've done this for the last several years)
  • enjoying the taste of sweet fresh fruit because my taste buds are compensating for the lack of sugar in my diet.

I'm feeling happier and more in control of my life, eating comfortably on much less than I used to. Working with my personal trainer, Laura Butters, twice a week has been very refreshing and quite motivating, but not as difficult as I imagined. She's my new best friend! Well, maybe not today, I'm pretty sore.

On the stat end of things (for Scott's benefit), I've dropped 20 points on my blood pressure, lost 5 pounds, and the doctor decreased one of my medications by half! Good things already.

Thanks everyone for your support.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Darla! I'm so glad to see you blogging my dear friend!

    Oh Darla, on Jan 5 at the Dr. I weighed MORE than I ever have, my blood pressure was awful (even after taking my 2 meds) and I am borderline diabetes! Yikes. I too decided that today was the day! I've lost 8 lbs and have counted calories like crazy. Now you have really inspired me to KEEP going! I'm struggling with the exercise thing right now! Keep inspiring me. Go Darla Go! (Or shrink Darla shrink & encourage Bonnie to do the same!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you know you are in control of what happens. Good behavior=Good consequences. Bad behavior=Bad consequences.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete