Monday, July 25, 2011

New Milestones!

Okay now I've reached a new point in my diabetes adventure. This week was my last paid personal trainer session. since January I've worked with Laura Buttars at the South Jordan Rec Center (well accept the two months recovering from my broken shoulder).






She really made a big change in my attitude and personal fitness. Her continued nudging gave me new confidence to try new things with my body. Because of that confidence, I feel at home in the gym and the equipment is no longer a scarey jungle of contraptions!










I'm ready for a change now and have joined the Siver Sneakers
group at the South Jordan Rec Center. They are an energic bunch, and I'll have to work hard to keep up with them. They meet every morning and do arobics, yoga or swim.











Also, to help me stay on track, I've organized a diabetes support group. We started getting together three weeks ago. The Riverton Senior Center offered classroom space in their brand new building.



We meet every Thursday morning at 10:00 AM at the Riverton Senior Center. Most weeks we have a guest speaker who gives us updated information on diet, exercise, medical issues, equipment, etc. The meetings only last half an hour so come join us if you need a little kick to get it going, like I did. We have a great discussion and learn more about what we can do to defeat our diabetes. You don't have to be a senior to attend and it's free!

Come join with me at any of the above activities, it's so fun! Have a great holiday and summer-remember be active.

1 comment:

  1. Darla, you are AMAZING!!! You have done so well and I KNOW that you will continue to make progress and end up meeting your fitness goals! I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and watching you learn just how STRONG you really are! Stay with it my friend, you are improving not only your own life, but the lives of those you love while inspiring everyone around you! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete