Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week Five - A Little Setback :(

Ok, so I'm a real person, not an actor trying to sell Jenny Craig!
I've had to pull back a bit this week and figure out how to feel better. I have been quite achy after my workouts since I stopped taking my pain medication 10 days ago. I just didn't feel like moving extra and lost my happy!

After talking it over with my sister, Cindy and my daughter, we decided I probably stopped taking it too quickly and without consulting my doctor first. Now that I've resumed my med, I'm feeling a lot better already. The pharmacist said it will take a few days to kick back in again. My trainer also agreed to cut back on the most streneous exercises until I can handle them again.


Now on the bright side, we re-evaluated my body changes.
  • I'm still down 8 pounds, but I've lost 3% body fat!

  • The lean muscle mass has increased 2 1/2 % with

  • 2 inches off my waist and

  • 1 3/4 inches off my hips.

I'm satisfied with that for now.


Here are some other things I've noticed this week:



  • My watch band is getting loose

  • I can take the stairs easier

  • Cinnamon is delicious

  • I can pedal the bike with less effort


1 comment:

  1. Real success is very intertwined with hardship, struggle and a healthy amount of failure. That's what makes it success. Coming through the pain and stuggle and still being on top in the end. Keep on keeping on Mom. The results are starting to show just by looking at you.

    Be sure to look at Kjersty's blog. She just posted her success from the last 7 weeks.

    ReplyDelete