Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week Four - Progress!





I'm seeing some good progress this past week in my quest to get my health in control. My attitude is good and I am enjoying the improvements in my life. Thanks everyone for your encouragement, it has helped keep me going. Here are some key changes:

touch my hands behind my back


enjoying some new foods in my diet like water cress, edible pea pods, Carbmaster Yogart, fiber and protien bars, and of course lots of fresh fruits


walking all around BYU without getting tired


my waist shape is coming back (noticable only to me right now)

stopped taking my regular pain medication that I've needed for about 5 years

can play indoor soccer with my little grandsons

8 total pounds have come off so far

Now just so you know, I've had some hard workouts this past week, bringing me to tears twice. I call the workout equipment at the gym, torcher machines, especially the leg extensions (am I any taller?) and the excerise called the Plank. Well I got past those gureling sessions thanks to my terrific trainer. She told me I could do it and I did. I'm so proud of myself today. I know I could have been a strong pioneer woman because I've already achieved things I didn't know I could.


I love the tracking site for my exercise, meals and glucose http://www.livestrong.com/. It keeps me in balance throughout the day. Well here we go into another productive week!

4 comments:

  1. WHAT??? You stopped taking your pain pill?!!! That is so exciting! I am thrilled reading all your inspirational posts. See...I knew you could do it. Now you know you can do it too! You are DA BOMB MOM. You probably don't know what that means, but it's a good thing I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. It is hard to believe how much you have accomplished in just a few short weeks. We are so glad you are feeling better and that your health has improved so much. I've tracked everything I've eaten since mid-October on livestrong (except for two days during Xmas break) and it really does work. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darla,
    I was talking to Steve and Kristin the other day and they shared your blog with me. I am so impressed! Way to go! You are an inspiration of what you can do to change and make better choices towards your health! It sounds like you are making leaps and bounds of progress in just a few short weeks. Way to go and keep it up! I am sure it is a challenge but you can do it...you can do hard things. As a dietitian, if there is anything that I can do, please let me know. It looks like you already met with an RD but if you ever want to chat we totally can.

    ReplyDelete