Monday, May 2, 2011

LIFE GOES ON!

I must admit that after my fall I felt so limited. It wasn't so bad at first with all the attention, but it got old really fast. Having to depend other people help you dress,
do laundry, drive me around, tie my shoes etc, is a little more than depressing. I sort of threw myself a little pity party every couple days.



There is a silver lining that I have learned from this, and here it is... LIFE GOES ON. I've learned that bad things happen and you just get over it, because life passes you by if you don't.








Look at all these beautiful faces.




I threw a pretty mean Easter egg hunt for all my grandkids on the Saturday before Easter. They all had a great time. I was pretty proud of my effort, not bad for a one-armed Grandma.





I can't do as much as I was doing before, but in an effort to stay positive, I am making the most of what I can do.



Here I am riding my stationary bike.



And the good news is...I've continued to lose weight despite decreasing my activity level a lot. Can't complain about that! It might be a loss of muscle mass, but still...No one complains when the scale tips to a lower number.

I haven't let this deter me from taking my much anticipated trip to Baltimore and Washington DC. My sister Cindy and I leave on May 10th. I'm not planning to just sit around in the hotel either. We have 7 days of tours and adventure awaiting us. I am really excited about that too.




I will be slightly limited for 3 to 6 weeks more, but I am suprised at how well I am doing just three weeks after a broken bone at 62 years old.

Thanks so much to everyone who has been helping with meals, curling hair, shopping, driving, wound care, tying shoes, and etc. You're wonderful!



And a special thanks to my husband who is always near and mostly willing to do anything. He's learned a lot of new skills these last three weeks and is now quite domesticated!

2 comments:

  1. So impressive that you're working out with your injury. That's also an impressive group of grandkids!

    ReplyDelete